What is Frescobaldi?
- Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view with advanced Point & Click
- Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in User Guide
- Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
- Modern user iterface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into the following languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazillian Portugese and Ukrainian.
- Transpose music
- Change music from relative to absolute and vice versa
- Change the language used for note names
- Change the rhythm (double, halve, add/remove dots, copy, paste) etc
- Hyphenate lyrics using word-processor hyphenation dictionaries
- Add spanners, dynamics, articulation easily using the Quick Insert panel
- Update LilyPond syntax using convert-ly, with display of differences
Frescobaldi is designed to run on all major operating systems (Linux, Mac OS X and MS Windows). It is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.